SALISBURY, Md. — The Eastern Shore Reading Council (ESRC) is proud to announce its annual Young Authors’ Contest slated for this winter.
The contest is available for students in grades 2 through 12 to submit a previously unsubmitted short story and/or poem written within the 2017-2018 school year. Each entry may have only one author and only one entry per author may be submitted for each category.
- Entries must be the student’s original work. Peers or adults may provide editing assistance (spelling, punctuation, etc.), but revisions should be student-generated and the final product must be the student’s own work.
- All entries must be submitted in a word processing file with no less than 12 point font using either Times New Roman or Comic Sans
- Each short story entry may range from 300 to 800 words for elementary submissions, 600 to 1,600 words for middle school submissions, and 800 to 2,000 for high school submissions.
- Each poem entry will consist of a single poem, which may be any style a range from 25 to 150 words for elementary submissions and 25 – 300 words for middle and high school submissions.
- All entries must include a completed cover sheet signed by the student author and sponsoring teacher.
For further information regarding the YAC and to download entry forms, go to YAC page on this web site.
If your school did receive information or wants further clarification, please, contact YAC Elementary School Chair Andrea Sandiver at firstname.lastname@example.org or YAC High School Chair Brian Cook at email@example.com.