The Eastern Shore Literacy Association is active in promoting literacy to individuals of all ages across the Lower Eastern Shore. Each community activity is an opportunity to expose young children, parents, and adults to the benefits of literacy. Contributors to each of the community outreach projects are done based on the needs of the community and passion of members who want to strengthen literacy practices in the local communities.
In Covid times, ESLA was limited on its outreach and is looking to bring things back to “normal” as normal can be with its outreach initiative. If you wish to have ESLA come to an event to handout books fill out our Contact Us Form and ESLA will get back to you.
Other past events include:
- Childbirth Class at Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Habitat for Humanity Book Shelves
- Wild About Reading at Salisbury Zoo
- 3rd Friday events in Downtown Salisbury
- World Read Aloud Day 2020, February 2020
- Community Baby Shower, January 2020
- Fruitland Family Run Run, October 2019
- Fruitland Primary Reading Initiative, September 2019
- Somerset Intermediate School Welcome Back, September 2019
- Back to School Bash in Pocomoke, August 2019
- International Project – Book Event in Nasca, Peru, July 2019